Friday, December 6, 2013

The Holiday Season

This year I pulled off  hosting my first Thanksgiving. Last year was Luca and I's first Thanksgiving together, but we played it real small with just some roasted chicken legs, vegetables, and of course pumpkin pie. But this year we invited over 10 of our friends, ordered a 12 pound turkey from the butcher's shop up the road, and had an Italian Thanksgiving. I would say it was a great success! 
We wanted to of course celebrate on the actual day, Thursday, November 28th, but no was able to come because of work. So we had it just one day later. Unfortunately I had to work until late as well and I knew it would be impossible to get everything done. So I divided up the work and delegated our friends to bring over vegetables, wine, soup, and desserts. Luca was fantastic and helped get the turkey ready by stuffing it, tying its legs together, and putting in the oven. 

It was a tight fit in our small apartment, but it just made for a nice cozy atmosphere. By the end we were absolutely stuffed. 
 Since Thanksgiving was so late this year, and Christmas is right around the corner we decided to put up our Christmas tree too. Bologna put the Christmas lights up and the city is absolutely gorgeous. I love walking around in the evening this time of year. 

Piazza Minghetti
Piazza Maggiore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers