Sunday, January 15, 2012

European Visa

Part of being a non- European union citizen means you're not allowed to just go hop into Europe and stay there as long as you would like.  A non EU citizen, or in other words an American can stay in Europe up to 90 days legally without any sort of documents or visa. 

So in my attempt to spend an extended amount of time in Italy in order to be closer to my love I have had to try apply for a visa. The visa options are limited to: 
- Religious (as in mission work)
- Sport (professional athlete) 
- Work
- Study 

I had a work opportunity available to me at an Agriturismo (a combination of the words agriculture and tourism in Italian- it is a style of vacationing in farm house resorts) However, receiving all the documents to work in Italy is very difficult, especially now with the present state of the economy. 

I don't play any sport professionally, and I'm not going to Italy to do missions work, so that leaves me with the option of a study visa. Except I have already graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Arts in French- Italian Studies so I need to get creative with my study options. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers