Saturday, January 21, 2012

Il Visto

Yes!! My official student visa arrived in the mail this week! It was a long process to apply for and more difficult obtaining on my own rather than going through a university study abroad program.  I am so happy that they accepted my documents and I received my passport back with the visa glued into one of my brand new passport pages :) 

Applying for the visa was an adventure because I also had to apply for new passport pages. Yes. My passport was almost completely full, and the two blank pages necessary to put the visa weren't available. I had to make an appointment only ten days before my travel date with proof of a travel itinerary and then they asked for 5 days mailing time. It was a stressful thinking I might not have my passport back in time! Plus it was $143 for those extra pages! 

But I received the passport back in time, and I received my passport back with my Italian student visa in time too.  At the consulate the lady said she would only give me the visa for 135 days (exactly the days of my course) when I had asked for 160. I received my passport and I got 190 days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers